Wednesday, May 11, 2011

a little help from my patients...

i dont talk about my work on here and i try to keep that private. but today i wanted to share something with you. each day i run a group for my patients at work. today's topic was gratitude. something i think that we could all take a lesson in from time to time. for me, my lesson came today. i won't go into details but we had a good discussion and one of my patients said something that really hit home to me and brought me back to reality. i like to wrap up my groups by reading a reflection or a poem of some kind. today we read one of my favorite poems that i have on file and i wanted to share it with you.

be thankful
-anonymous

be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire,
if you did, what would there to be to look forward to?

be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

be thankful for the difficult time.
during those times you grow.

be thankful for your limitations
becuase they give you opportunities for improvement.

be thankful for each new challenge
becuase it will build your strength and character.

be thankful for your mistakes
they will teach you valuable lessons.

be thankful when you're tired and weary
because it means you've made a difference.

it is easy to be thankful for the good things.
a life of rich fulfillment come to those who are also thankful for the setbacks.

gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
find a way to be thankful for your troubles
and they can become your blessings.


no matter how healthy or unhealthy we are. how rich or poor. how educated or uneducated we are....we all have setbacks from time to time. it's how we deal with them that seperates us from each other.

there are a lot of things in life i am grateful for. my friends, family, and my health are among the most important things for me. right now i can't run, but i sure am grateful that i can walk. i may not be able to play with T like i want, but i can still still his beautiful smile and hear his contagious laugh. im grateful that i have bloggy friends who are out there and follow my ups and downs, that care enough to text me, email me or send me a message on twitter when they notice i haven't been around or having a bad day. you don't know it, but i really appreciate it. thank you.

what are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...