Saturday, November 14, 2009

It's finally here...12 weeks later...

Wow. I seriously can't believe 12 weeks has already passed. For a while I felt like I race day would never come and now here it is, tomorrow morning! I can tell you right now this blog is not going to be any kind of organized thoughts because I have so much going through my mind right now--

My weekend started Thursday night at 10:00pm and since I got out of work I have done nothing but think about this race. Am I ready? Will I have to stop and walk? Can I do it? Am I in over my head? What will I wear? Will it be cold? Is it going to rain? YIKES!!! Danielle and I had our usual "we're bored and both have the day off, lets go to the mall" trip yesterday where I tried on 3 pairs of running pants and 2 long sleeve shirts. I found a pair I really like and think we will stop at the Nike outlet on the way to the race today and see if they have them. I thought I knew what I was going to wear a few weeks ago but I wore it on my 10-mile disaster run and decided that was NOT the outfit for me. My pants were falling down, the under armour long sleeve was riding up...it was quite a scene.

Part of me really can't believe I am doing this. That I have worked hard, all on my own, to run this race. Just 9 months ago 13.1 miles was something I never dreamed of doing.....ever. After I started running some races I thought it would be cool to do, but quickly talked myself out of it. Finally I said "just do it" which also happens to be the motto for the month of November thanks to Danielle.

I feel like I have a lot to do today:
*I need to finish my laundry and make sure my socks, sports bra and underwear I need are all fresh and ready to go
*Print out all the info for the race, I don't want to get there and find out what I need is 2 1/2 hours north.
*Go to the store and get some Bananas/peanut butter for race day breakfast along with some other stuff. What that is, I'm not quite sure.
*Pack my bags which will probably include every piece of running apparel I have (which isn't much yet) because I can't make up my mind what I want to wear and if my shopping trip is a major fail I need a plan B.
* Charge my ipod!! This is the most important...next to have clothes to wear:-) The race website says "ipods are highly discouraged" which in my world means, I can wear them. It also says if you wear them you will not be eligible for any awards...HELLO!? Have we met? The only award I might win is the "best turtle pace" award. I'm not worried.
*Finish cleaning my house. I know when I get home on Sunday, cleaning is NOT what I will want to do and I hate starting the week off with a dirty house.

Another thing that is stressing me out is that the packet pick up was on Wednesday and Thursday of this week and race day. I live about 2 1/2/ hours north of the race and there was no way I was going to drive down to pick it up and drive back in the middle of the week (although I seriously thought about it). In an email I got from the race people it said that t-shirt sizes are not guaranteed. I was pissed. I love the shirts, thats why I register early, so I can get the "free" shirt! I told Ruddley the only size left would probably be an XL, so he would get to wear it and pretend like he ran the race, not me. haha. He liked the idea. I just wish on the morning of the race I didn't have to worry about picking up my packet....I'd like to be able to relax. Oh well. Guess I don't have to worry about forgetting my number or timing chip.

It's now about 7:00am- I've been tossing and turning all night and finally got up around 6:30 in hopes that writing this blog will help me clear my head and be able to get a little more sleep before I start my day. My parents and my awesome little brother are picking Ruddley and I up at 2:00 today. We'll pack the car and head south. My roommate and his girlfriend are in Boston this weekend, I'm hoping we can meet them for dinner tonight and I'm really hoping to see them at the finish line tomorrow.

I guess that's it for now... 24 hours and 20 minutes until the gun goes off. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...