Sunday, October 25, 2009

Making Strides 5K

This weekend I ran in the Making Strides 5K. This was a fundraiser for OT equipment for my little brothers school. His school as seen a rise in the number of kids with Autism and Occupational Therapy is something that is very beneficial to these kids. The goal was to raise $10,000....we raised over $11,000!!! It was FREEZING and POURING rain out and we still had a great turnout for the race. This was the first 5K I have ever done...and it went by so fast. I finished first in my age group and also raised $270.00. Like I said, I hadn't done much running this past week so it was nice to run again.
Sarah's little sister Anna and I before the race
annnnd we're off!:-)
Just coming into the finish line. I need to take a lesson from chicrunner on good race photos!
Finishing the race with Zach!
Post race picture with Zach! This race was for you buddy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...