Monday, August 23, 2010

i'm baaaaacck!

I'm back!!! I have returned to the blogging world:-) Since I last blogged I had my little man which you can read all about here. The short story is that Tyler Jackson Emerson was born July 25, 2010 at 9lb and 20in! He has been keeping me quite busy! I'm hoping now that he is getting a little older I'll have a little more time to write!

My first race since NOVEMBER (yikes!) is in 8 weeks! I am soooooo excited! I am running the MDI Marathon relay with my 2 friends (fun fact: runner's world voted it the most scenic marathon)! I've got A LOT of work to do between now and then. It's been 4 weeks since I delivered and a loooooong time since I have run. I am starting back slowly.

Once I stopped running during my pregnancy I would see people out running on the streets or go to races and watch and be so jealous of everyone running. I wished I was them and wished I could be out there too. I was frustrated that I didn't have energy to do much exercise and was rapidly getting out of shape. Yea, yea, I know I was pregnant and that's what happens when you are pregnant. In my mind it didn't have to happen. I know plenty of people that worked out straight through their pregnancy with no problem. I often thought "why can't that be me?" As I got toward the end of my pregnancy I saw people running and went to races and for once I wasn't jealous, I didn't care that I was standing there watching and not running...I knew this was not a good sign. Had I lost my excitement for running? Had my passion for something that had been so important to me when I was going through a difficult time suddenly gone away? Ugh! I just ignored it and focused on my pregnancy and delivery a healthy baby boy.

About 3 weeks after I gave birth, I was at my parents house rocking Ty and I had the urge to run! I was soo excited. I hadn't wanted to run in a long time. It felt good. I knew that 3 weeks was too soon to start running again so I had to make myself wait. All week though I felt like I wanted to go for a run. I saw people running on the streets and I started to care again. So this past Saturday I laced up my orange NB 1063 and headed out for a mile run. Granted I was slow and probably looked like someone who had never run in their life before, I was pretty stiff.

I have a pretty good training plan for my race and fingers crossed things go well. I am just so happy to have running back in my life again. I am so grateful that this break I took from running was only temporary and that I knew once I had my little guy that I could run again. I didn't have a disability that prevented me from running or a medical reason why I couldn't run again. I am thankful for my good health and that I can run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...