Friday, February 12, 2010

Remy's Debut!

It has been brought to my attention that I have not introduced my new running buddy to the blogging world... Just after Thanksgiving Ruddley and I brought home our new friend Remy! Remy is a lab mix of some kind and the cutest puppy ever!!!:-) I thought today was the perfect day to write about him since today was his running debut.

Remy the first day we brought him home. 11/2009


Driving home with Remy....he had no interest in sitting with Ruddley. 11/2009


I had today off since I am working all weekend...lovely. However, I kind of enjoy having a weekday off...it allows me to be slightly productive. No one home to distract me, things are actually open and I can get some errands done. My only plans today were to hit the pool with Danielle to get some laps in. As I was cleaning the house I had some kind of burst of energy and decided to go for a run. Mind you, I have not run outside since the 1/2....I also decided to bring my new puppy Remy. He has been on several long walks, but never been running before. I bundled up and was pretty much a walking ad for Nike...everything except my hat and shoes were Nike...spandex, shorts, shirt, bra, and jacket!:-)

We only ran 3 miles and Remy was not a huge fan. We actually had to stop and walk for a little bit to let Remy rest up:-) Hopefully he will end up loving running because half the reason we got him was to take on runs with us!:-) Could be a major fail if he ends up not liking running. Here are a few pics of him from our "run" today!:-)




Quite possibly the worst picture ever of me...fail.

After my run I met Danielle at the pool. A few weeks ago was my first pool workout...which was more like doing my best to stay above water while I swam from end to end. Getting in the pool is a nice change from the boring, super busy gym. I talked with my midwife about it and she said it is the best thing for me. She said she spent her whole pregnancy in the pool. However...I'm not sure how many people want to see me in a bathing suit 8 months pregnant...not sure I even want to see that! For now I'll just play it by ear:-) I was feeling great about my productive day...lets just hope it continues!:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...